Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday blues...

What a way to start a Monday!  So, with only 3.2 units of insulin left in my pump, I woke up this morning with the necessity to do an infusion change before breakfast.  Injecting just enough insulin to cover a cup of coffee (the only saving grace), I gather my things and sit down in front of my computer with the intention of watching the finale of Top Chef Master while jabbing myself in the stomach.

But before I get the episode pulled up and before I get a chance to doctor my coffee with the appropriate amount of sugar and cream, I open my email and find a recall notice from Medtronic about faulty insulin pump reservoirs (multiple lot numbers for models MMT-326A and MMT-332A).  Well, what do you think I have?  Yup - only recalled equipment.

Instructing me to "1. switch to your back up insulin injection plan" and "2. call us to expedite a replacement box" I find myself, pre-coffee, attempting to make long distance calls on my computer from rural Vermont to my doc in Virginia to get a "back up insulin injection plan" prescription to cover the now until... when the replacement reservoirs can get here.

Ug... no solution yet, more later.


No comments:

Post a Comment