Saturday, October 20, 2012

Things that make me nauseous...

The past couple days I've been so ridiculously nauseous that even the thought of the most bland food makes me queasy.  Course it's not just food that has been making my stomach churn:

1. HB is off in VT.  We closed on our property up there at the beginning of the month and so he's been up there the past several days moving furniture into the place for our first tenant.  I can rationalize that I am of no help to him in my current state and that going with him was completely out of the question, but I don't think reason is necessarily relevant when it comes to the simple fact that I miss him and don't like him being gone.

Built in the 1860s, this is our "new" farm house on
Green Mountain near Middlebury, Vermont. 

2.  My little, baby boy is not so little any more.  I've known for several weeks that he is in the 90th percentile for his age group height and weight, but it didn't actually hit me that he is huge until yesterday when I picked out a new pair of shoes for him.  Admittedly his new shoes are slightly on the big side so he doesn't grow out of them tomorrow - so that is a minimal comfort - but still, his feet are almost as big as mine and he's only 3!

GW's new shoes next to mine.  

Sickening, right? 

Well, I don't know if my nausea is pregnancy related, the virus that is going around town or a deeply visceral reaction to the emotional stress of things going on right now, but as it didn't set in until later in the evening on Thursday when HB left I'd hypothesize (GW's latest favorite word) that it's probably the last of these three options, in which case I hope for it to be at least partially alleviated around 9 PM tonight when he gets back...  Then again since HB has been sick all week with that weird, random virus, option two is also a possibility (please, Baby, don't arrive until after he is healthy).  I'm going to pretend like the option of additional pregnancy-boohockey doesn't exist because being 8 months pregnant with complications is hard enough as is without additional nausea.  

Maybe a(nother?) nap is in order? Ug. 

No comments:

Post a Comment